What Do Last Minute Vacation Buyers Want? – RetailWire
23 dec. 2021
Promising a double bonus of time and money savings, Apple on Wednesday began offering free two-hour shipping to major metropolitan areas from December 22-24.
On December 24, customers must place their orders by 12:00 noon. Typically, a two-hour delivery costs $ 9 per order.
The offer was announcement in an email to Apple Store buyers and in the Apple Online Store.
In the last days before Christmas, posts promising ease of shopping replace or join those around holiday deals.
In one Press release published on December 14, Target exclaims: “More time ? No problem. Target has the recipe for making your holiday shopping * fast * Â»
Target’s “ingredients” include:
- “A handful of must-have gift items” guided by organized shopping lists
- “Last minute savings” over the past two weeks
- “Three safe and fast services on the same day”
Target’s same-day services include order pickup (free), drive (free), and shipping (free for members on orders over $ 35). On Christmas Eve, pickup and shipping orders must be made by 6:00 PM.
Target said, âYou’ll get it fast – we’ve doubled our Drive Up points and added an additional 150,000 Shipt Shoppers this season to make sure you get your items fast, with the service you prefer. “
Other last minute buying arguments on retailer websites include:
- Bed, bath and beyond‘s The landing page clearly states, “Get Holiday Giveaways TODAY – Fast and Free!” Offers include gift ideas for all price points and categories, 20% off 1-hour in-store pickup, and free same-day shipping on orders over $ 39 placed before 7:00 p.m.
- Macy’s is running a âLast Minute Gift Saleâ with savings of 25-60%. In-store pickup is available for orders placed before 3:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve. Same day delivery is available for $ 5 for orders over $ 25 placed by noon on December 23.
- Victoria’s Secret‘s The message to last-minute shoppers on her landing page read, “Give her what she really wants: a Victoria’s Secret e-gift card.” Order before December 25 at 8 p.m. for same day delivery by email.
- Amazon does not currently have an email service for last minute buyers. However, items available for Prime delivery before Christmas Eve have a countdown timer for when they need to be ordered.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS: What marketing messages do last minute shoppers need to hear that are different from those offered earlier during the holiday season? Do offer messages become more or less important in the last week of the holiday season?
“The guarantee that last minute shoppers can find and get what they need on time is what they really want.”